Showing cards

General strategy discussion.

Moderator: Moderator

Frook1971
4 star member

Postby Frook1971 » Fri May 26, 2006 2:49 pm

The only times I show are when I have a monster. Quads or better. I will also so a few hands if it looks like I'm stealing the blinds, I don't need the person thinking I stealing all the time and playing back at me. So many ppl take the stealing of blinds to extremes and try to steal it everytime. You have to defend then, just call with huge hands and reraise with lesser hands :)
Hond1976
2 star member

Postby Hond1976 » Fri May 26, 2006 5:23 pm

I personally don't like and I don't show my cards unless a friend asks me and I think it would not affect his play. I try to defend my game from this influence and I don't come to conclusions when players show their cards unncessarily. However, you should write notes for the rest of the hands.
Shic1973

Postby Shic1973 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:15 pm

The three times i'll show my cards if i want to intice a bet thats usually when im bluffing or when I dont want any betters so when I have pocket aces or similiar and the third is when im feeling sorry for a dude for not calling when i have the stone cold nuts.
Therencough
3 star member

Postby Therencough » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:31 pm

Showing his cards to get a call later that day only helped him in the short run but helped the people playing him forever.
Himsed

Postby Himsed » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:04 pm

I don't show cards at the end of hands, I always make my opponent pay to see my cards.  I will do the ocassional show of the cards after raising and stealing the blinds pre flop, that is only when I have a good hand though...it gives me an advantage if I raise to steal the blinds in the future with rags.
Lithend

Postby Lithend » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:49 pm

i think showing cards is very useful.  It allows you to mentally mess with people's heads.  I will often show one card when playing live.  I Think the advantaegs are higher in a live game
Wharleas
2 star member

This is behavior seen

Postby Wharleas » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:11 pm

I think your right this guy did show you his cards while bluffing and pull the same the next turn around when he had best hand on the board.  You see this often in the online tourney's...  I've even done that myself, it does work you should try it!
Thernand
3 star member

Showing

Postby Thernand » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:28 pm

There are many advantages to showing.. I dis-agree if somone says you should never show..

The first is like mentioned already.. Show a few bluffs and get a few people wound up that you play anything and raise with any hand.. I personally like to do this early to establish a loose image that I tighten up later.

Or.. I do the reverse and show my flushes, full houses and straights.. Ill play only a few quality hands and Ill be known as a tight player.. then I can bluff later in the tournament..

I think the fact you rely on both these styles you cant be pegged as a certain type of player... If you play alot (Im hoping) this is to my advantage.. I want  people to have to think twice about a  big call when there is a big pot... I still mixing up your game is the way to go.
Sais1979
1 star member

Postby Sais1979 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:47 pm

showing cards has some advantages, you let other knosw that you are not playin any cards, so they ll respect your next raise, and that will give you oportunity to bluff more, some people say that you should never show your cards no matter what! but I think it is maybe good idea in some tourneys, but not in ring games, I am doin it there! LOL
Itive1982
3 star member

Showing cards

Postby Itive1982 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:56 pm

I could care less If I show my cards.Whether it be a bluff or a BEA-utiful hand. I am stating that I am here to play, and am not afraid to show everyone my cards. Some people prefer to not show so their opponents dont know how they play, but I have a different approach. I plkay like Gus hanson, so I mix things up so much, that you never know what the hell I have anyway...
Courpastruce
3 star member

Postby Courpastruce » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:05 pm

when playing live play the showing of cards work.  when playing online it does not work as well cause you are not in front of you to get there reaction. so more people will call you with garbage.
Tionevilly
5 star member

Postby Tionevilly » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:10 pm

I like Truushot, only show monster hands. When im heads up i might show a hand or 2 also. Really doesnt matter much if you show alot, as long as you play hands differently.
William34maby
1 star member

Showing cards

Postby William34maby » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:11 am

Been trying a couple times to post a video in the funny section for some clips but it just shows the link instead. How can i show the video without it just showing the link to it?
William34maby
1 star member

Showing cards

Postby William34maby » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:54 pm

Been trying a couple times to post a video in the funny section for some clips but it just shows the link instead. How can i show the video without it just showing the link to it?

Return to “General strategy”