Absolute Poker

Name your black listed poker sites, and why they are black listed.

Moderator: Moderator

Pludenis
1 star member

AP Love um or Hate um

Postby Pludenis » Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:26 am

I at one time didnt care for them one bit. Just didnt like the set up. Loud ugly clanky..Just didnt care to even try there. Then they gave you some options, New skins,New tables,New backgrounds...It just made it more enjoyable there for me and now play there all the time. Thanks AP for steppin it up..

NFLPIT
p.s. Poker Host SUCKS
Itive1982
3 star member

Postby Itive1982 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:38 pm

AP alwayse steps it up. they have the table skins which I myself love...I ahve the red and black one....It looks so cool. I like the tourneys they hold there...there are 1, 2 , 3, and 5 table sit and goes, there are big tourneys where first I over 3 thousand, and there are small tourneys. If the bad ebats werent there so often, I could probably live off of playing absolute poker.
Youpirse2
1 star member

Postby Youpirse2 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:36 pm

I'm in the love AP catagory.  Lots of action and good games.  Can't get enought of AP!

Wahoo!  Hope you all give AP a chance as its an action site vs some of the really tight games at other sites.

Cheers,
BonusJunky
Therencough
3 star member

Postby Therencough » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:54 am

NFL, I agree with your ps wholeheartedly.  I don't like anything about poker host.  The only reason I haven't deleted it is that some forum games are there.

It is slow, and I can't see my cards sometimes.  :lol:   Maybe I should play the invisible cards, might do better. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Housight
3 star member

Postby Housight » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:19 am

pokerhost has to be the first ...they want to be a player but everything aboutem from software to cust service to the mods of the forum is just the worst....I deleted them and dont even play private freeroll...tired of playing for 2 hours to suddenly see the tounry stop for an hour while they fix yet another glitch.
Gagoem
4 star member

Postby Gagoem » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:03 am

This started as an AP thread, and before recently, I would have said you were crazy not to like Absolute Poker.  However, with the software upgrade that just occurred, I almost feel AP should be on the Black List.

We all know how bad the situation has become, and the issues are so bad I feel a lot of new players (not to mention current players) there may say "the heck with this" and go elsewhere.

If not for all the private forum freerolls, I'd probably feel the same way, and take my business and money elsewhere.
Gagoem
4 star member

Postby Gagoem » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:09 am

I can't agree more with Poker Host being one of the WORST Poker Sites out there.  The software is extremely buggy, and it does seem that every tournament I'm doing well in (not too many I might add  :cry: ) has some kind of software issue or delay.

I've played in two buy-in tourneys there were Minh Nyugen (one of the Pro's who is affiliated with their site) was supposed to play with us.  He didn't play either time; it was one of the reasons I signed up to play.  There's not too many times in your life where you can play against a professional for a very small buy-in (don't recall what it was exactly- $5 or $10?).  And to promote a tournament in such a way, yet that player not participate, is a complete joke!
Buffecaper69
2 star member

absolute

Postby Buffecaper69 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:19 pm

I was just wondering what problems you are having with Absolute Rambo?  It's been running pretty smoothly for me for a while.  As long as you're on a fast connect which you probably are.  Anyways, see you at the tables
Gagoem
4 star member

Postby Gagoem » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:22 pm

Hey Dux,

As you can see from the date of my original post, it's been a while since the issues at AP were fixed.  Before a week or so ago, I had to hit the Alt-tab function on my keyboard to switch back and forth among the tables I would be playing at (the tables didn't pop-up for me to act at like they used to).

I also had issues with sound- I couldn't hear any sound unless I clicked on the screen of the table I was playing at.

Of course this has all been fixed, and things are back to normal.  :wink:
Lores1975

Postby Lores1975 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:38 am

Poker Host is not a favorite, But I do love the heads up freeroll everynite. dought if Id ever see the cash if I won
Feacts
1 star member

Postby Feacts » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:05 pm

also dont like the poker host software seems theres always a problem there but will agree that the heads up freerolls are nice
Crifel89
1 star member

Postby Crifel89 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:32 pm

I'm in the love AP catagory.  Lots of action and good games.  Can't get enought of AP!

Wahoo!  Hope you all give AP a chance as its an action site vs some of the really tight games at other sites.
Whoundle
1 star member

Postby Whoundle » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:03 pm

I just wish AP reduced the time to act on hands. its too long and since playing on multiple tables is allowed people take a lot longer to play their hands delaying the game and frustrating players who play one table at the time. For this reason I like pacific poker a lot more. But even pacific has problems of its own. I just wish there was a poker site with none of the problems (maybe thats too much to wish for) or atleast a site with the minimum of problems.
Bitherry1993
2 star member

Postby Bitherry1993 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:42 pm

I used to think AP was one of the best sites around.  But for some reason ever since I pulled money out of there it seems the bad beats never end.  And I mean really bad beats.  The other day I flop quads, thinking I'd slow play the nutz....only to loose in the end to a straight flush runner runner.  This is just one of the many complete bad beats I've recieved since I've withdrawn.....believe me, I'm not normally skeptical but does it ever end?

JaykeDog
Potteend
3 star member

Postby Potteend » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:52 pm

sometimes when you play stud at AP you can't raise fior an entire hand it is only call or fold.

Return to “Black Listed Poker Sites”