pocket AA

Which is the worst bad beat you've had?

Moderator: Moderator

Nottead

Quad 4's... cha-CHING! (NOT)

Postby Nottead » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:09 pm

The worst bad-beat I ever took COULD have been a decent hand. That is, IF my opponent actually had SOMETHING at the point he called my all-in...

My pocket 4's flopped QUADS at the final-table of a $10.00 buy-in.
I check.
He bets.
I raise all-in and he calls.
At this point he has nothing but a pair of 4's on the board, with 3 cards suited. He catches 2 more suited-connectors for a straight-flush.  :roll:

I don't usually get upset over bad-beats / suck-outs. I've played too many great games, only to be eliminated by a crazy hand I should have won. I ALWAYS expect the unexpected.
BUT... I've never been SO SURE of a winning hand in my life, as I was of these quad-4's.
THIS one hurt. It was a very traumatic experience requiring months of counceling. Only recently am I able to talk about it without peeing on myself.
Seriously though...  As I sit here thinking about it, I can still feel the anger / frustration I had that day.
Broand
2 star member

pocket AA

Postby Broand » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:24 pm

I had AA and I was all excited.  bet half of my stack...the flop AK10...went all in and this guy called me.  He ended up with 4 6's.  Bummer
Courpastruce
3 star member

Postby Courpastruce » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:49 pm

Wow i think the quads beat is one of the worst.  i can see where you are coming from.  with the excitement of his call and to lose.  How much did the new computer cost you.

Return to “Bad Beat”